Go Back   NYCMaximas.org Forums > New York City Maxima Groups > 4th Gen Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2008   #1
DEPONE
VQ30DEP

Chats: 0
DEPONE will become famous soon enough
seafoam eat metal on 4th gen intake manifold?

so yesterday i seafoamed my car with the deep creep, i watched the video on how to, did it at night, during day yesterday and the last night again to finish off the bottle. I figured if i got 228K miles on my motor, i should use the whole bottle, and each time i seafoamed the IM(intake manifold), it smoked from the exhaust hard but only for a few seconds while i was doing it, then i reved it up to 6K rpms and smoke was coming out but not too hard or too strong, and it wasn't really really thick like some video i seen of another 5th gen seafoaming his shit and smoking up everything in a 94 mile radius, lol, but i accidentially spray some inbetween the piping on top of the intake manifold and where it dripped down on one spot, i looked today, it looks like the deep creep ate off some of the metal and shaved it down about a mm, you can definately feel it was eaten off. I never seen that spot before like that, and although i wiped it off IMMEDIATELY after i over sprayed by mistake while trying to get the nozzle into the intake manifold port and reving the engine at the same time, i kept a wipe really close just incase of over spray, it still looks like it ate it away. Is it me or does deep creep eat through metal if it is sprayed directly on metal like that? the intake manifold wasn't that hot in the first place, so i cant imagine how that area happened like that, i will take a pic later today when its light outside to show you guys how it looks like, but can deep creep even do that? doesn't it come into contact with various metal parts inside once its spray into the IM???? i dont get it, if it does eat metal at that rate, how safe is it really to be sprayed right into the IM??? WTF?!?!? i really want to believe it wasn't the deep creep cuz if it was, i cannot begin to imagine what it did to my IM insides, but maybe it was there before and i never noticed, anyone wanna voice an opinion, please do, i wanna hear everyone on this since this product is good and is pure petroleum based, i cant imagine how it did that or even IF it did that at all in the first place and maybe that spot has been that way and i didnt notice, it just looks like the drip of deep creep on that spot is what was the purpetrator of the damage, but i hope im wrong
Old 06-24-2008   #2
trakzmax97
Same Year different Tranny!

Chats: 6
trakzmax97 will become famous soon enough
Re: seafoam eat metal on 4th gen intake manifold?

oh damn plz don't tell me that and ii just got my deep creep in the mail a couple days ago
06 Sentra SE-R Spec V MT (Of Course)
Old 06-24-2008   #3
infamous95
Infamous 4th Gen

infamous95 will become famous soon enoughinfamous95 will become famous soon enough

never heard of this happening... take a picture of the spot that got "eaten" away... n i guess wait for sum of the gearheads to chime in n take a look for u
Old 06-24-2008   #4
secondtonone317
Banned

secondtonone317 is a glorious beacon of lightsecondtonone317 is a glorious beacon of lightsecondtonone317 is a glorious beacon of lightsecondtonone317 is a glorious beacon of lightsecondtonone317 is a glorious beacon of light

hmm....the seafoam I use comes in a can and is a liquid, you suck it in with a vacum source. I doubt that it ate away the metal tho. Do a test on a spare piece of metal and see what happens.
Old 06-24-2008   #5
TJ_Max

Chats: 50
TJ_Max is a jewel in the roughTJ_Max is a jewel in the roughTJ_Max is a jewel in the rough

That doesnt sound right. It would have been pulled off the shelves a long time ago if this were the case. I think that spot has already been that way. Spray another part of the intake manifold and let it sit and see if it does the same thing again.
Old 06-24-2008   #6
tavarish
March 07 - VQPower MOTM

Chats: 7573
tavarish is a glorious beacon of lighttavarish is a glorious beacon of lighttavarish is a glorious beacon of lighttavarish is a glorious beacon of lighttavarish is a glorious beacon of light

Seafoam has no chemicals that can eat away metal. It is, however, a good cleaner and degreaser, so whatever looked eaten away was probably that way, and the seafoam just cleaned it.

Seafoam is basically water and ammonia.

Old 06-24-2008   #7
DEPONE
VQ30DEP

DEPONE will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tavarish View Post
Seafoam has no chemicals that can eat away metal. It is, however, a good cleaner and degreaser, so whatever looked eaten away was probably that way, and the seafoam just cleaned it.

Seafoam is basically water and ammonia.
thats what i think happened too, the spot was that way and douchebag mechanics scraped it up removing my IM a while go for repairs and it was covered by dirt, now seafoam ate it up and cleaned the dirt right off the metal and now that the spot is more visible, i freaked out, thanks freddy, i couldnt make any sense of seein that spot, ima take a pic in a few minutes to see if i can show everyone what im talkin bout
Old 06-25-2008   #8
technosquareinc

technosquareinc is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DepsMax99 View Post
thats what i think happened too, the spot was that way and douchebag mechanics scraped it up removing my IM a while go for repairs and it was covered by dirt, now seafoam ate it up and cleaned the dirt right off the metal and now that the spot is more visible, i freaked out, thanks freddy, i couldnt make any sense of seein that spot, ima take a pic in a few minutes to see if i can show everyone what im talkin bout
Awaits the pic of the "scratch".
Closed Thread